Kourabiedes I5 Reviews
“Buttery Greek crescent shaped cookie.” - by Ceil Wallace
Original recipe yields 3 dozen
- Sift flour with baking powder. Set aside.
- Cream butter and gradually add sugar and beat until fluffy. Add egg yolk, brandy and vanilla. Beat again until very light. Stir in almonds.
- Blend in flour mixture, mix to form a soft, smooth dough. Chill 30 minutes or until it can be handled easily.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (170 degrees C).
- Shape level tablespoonfuls of dough into crescent-shapes. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Insert whole clove into center of each. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until light...do not brown. Cool on rack. Dust generously with confectioners' sugar.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 194 cal
- 12.8 g
- 16.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"A long time ago, I found an excellent homemade recipe on the internet. I can't find it anymore...so I looked to allrecipes.com. I was attracted to this recipe bc it seemed simple. I admit that in t..." See moreerms of texture and form, the cookie was excellent. HOWEVER, it lacked flavour. I found that I had to add at least 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg and 1/2 teaspoon of cloves to give it that kick. I also doubled the amount of brandy and vanilla essence. I also toasted the almonds. It came out authentic-enough ( but it still lacked a bit of kick ). I have grown up and lived in Cyprus and Greece for 10 years, so I know that specific " kick " that is distinctive of kourambiethes. I will make this recipe again, but I will add the cloves and nutmeg spice, double up the brandy, icing sugar and vanilla essence. "
Mexican Wedding Cookies
Kourambiathes (Greek Cookies)
Just swipe to see more like this.