Scallops in Pastry with Lobster Sauce4 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“This is a very rich dish, a little goes a long way! Served as a side dish or an entree, this is my favorite recipe and always gets rave reviews.” - by Trish Wiltshire
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Split the shell of the lobster tail lengthwise and add to the skillet. Cook, turning occasionally, until the shell is bright red and meat is opaque. Remove the tail from the pan. Peel off the shell and dice the meat; set aside.
- Whisk the flour into the butter; cooking and stirring over medium heat for a few minutes, then gradually whisk in the cream and sherry. Continue to stir constantly over medium heat until thickened, about 2 minutes. Fold in lobster meat and remove from the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Unroll the pie crusts onto a clean surface and cut into eight 6 inch circles. You may need to use a rolling pin to make them large enough to get four out of each crust. Press the circles into four individual sized ramekins. You could also cut 4 inch circles and press them into the cups of a muffin tin for appetizer sized servings.
- Place 3 scallops into each ramekin and top each serving with a slice of Gouda cheese. Cover with remaining pie crust dough and crimp the edges to seal.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the crusts are brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve topped with lobster sauce.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 1163 cal
- 76.4 g
- 61.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"A very good recipe, very rich and full of flavor. Because I didn't have Ramekins, I made them into meat pockets and poured the sauce on top. It's good to serve with a light salad, as it cuts some of..." See more the richness of this dish."
"I changed the recipe a bit-I doubled the sauce but didn't include the lobster with the second batch. For the filling I used scallops & shrimp, folded into the second batch of sauce, added the cheese. ..." See moreMade the rest as stated, very very good. I made this for a dinner party & everyone raved about it!! Thanks!"
Deb's Scallops Florentine
Scallops with White Wine Sauce I
Just swipe to see more like this.