Whoopie Pies II6 Reviews
“Cake-like cookies with a marshmallow filling.” - by Christel
Original recipe yields 1 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- To Make Cookie: Cream together 1 cup shortening, 2 cups sugar, 2 eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Sift together 4 cups flour, 1 cup cocoa, and 1 tsp salt. Add alternately to cream mixture with sour milk. Add 3 tsp baking soda to hot water and stir into mixture.
- Drop on cookie sheet and bake for about 7-10 minutes.
- To Make Filling: Cream together egg whites, 1 T vanilla, powdered sugar, 4 T flour, 4 T milk and 1 1/4 cup shortening.
- Beat together until fluffy. Spread between flat sides of cookies.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 793 cal
- 41 g
- 102.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"The cake part is delicious and the creme filling is light, though I'm nervous about raw egg whites in it. I took the photo of this dish. It was a huge success at work. Most were gone within an hour. I..." See more'd make them slightly smaller than a tablespoon size. They really spread out when baked and mine all overla[ped. I had to cook for 9 mins, as 8 mins made the centers too wet. Let them sit for 5 minutes minimum on the cookie sheets or they will fold up funny on the spatula. Great recipe I will make again!"
"This is the same recipe I have made for over 20 years.. my sons favorite, and as for the marshmellow comment... I laughed.. if you look at the ingredents in marshmellows.. its about the same, you don'..." See moret have to use store marshmellow, you can make marshmellow, I make marshmellow all the time. YUMMY"
Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
Whoopie Pies V
Just swipe to see more like this.