Orange Drop Cookies I14 Reviews
“This recipe is from my great grandmother. I entered these in our County Fair. There were over 60 entries in the drop cookie category. I received 2nd place. Pretty darn good, huh? My great grandmother would have been so proud. You can make sour milk by combining 1/2 cup of milk with 1 teaspoon vinegar and allow to set 10 minutes.” - by Kim Hannahs
Original recipe yields 3 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, mix together 3 teaspoons baking powder and 3 1/4 cups flour.
- Beat together brown sugar and shortening then add eggs, orange rind and vanilla. Mix in flour mixture, alternating the flour mixture and sour milk until all is blended. Drop dough by teaspoonful onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 12-15 minutes. Let cool and frost cookies.
- To Make Frosting: Mix together powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon butter and enough orange juice mixed in to make it able to spread over cooled cookies.
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 149 cal
- 6.5 g
- 21.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (14)Rate This Recipe
"These cookies had a great orange flavor, not too strong and not too subtle. I used half butter, half shortening and the texture was soft, but not crumbly. Also, I drizzled chocolate on top of the gl..." See moreaze which went with the orange flavor perfectly and made the cookies look pretty too!"
"excellent cookies...almost scone like in texture..love the flavour added just a touch of extra pulp OJ to the batter. I also used butter instead of shortening as they were for xmas... nothing but the ..." See morebest at xmas time!"
Beth's Orange Cookies
Orange Drop Cookies II
Just swipe to see more like this.