Chocolate Poppy Seed Cake2 Reviews
- Prep: 35 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 5 hr 35 min
“This cake is heavy without being dry; everyone in my family loves it, and visitors do too!” - by Emilie E.
Original recipe yields 1 Bundt cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease and flour a Bundt or angel food cake pan.
- Pour the poppy seeds into the buttermilk in a small bowl. Set aside to soak for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, whip the egg whites to medium peaks; set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a large bowl until fluffy. Add egg yolks one at a time, blending well between additions. Sift the flour, baking soda, and baking powder into the egg mixture; fold gently to mix. Stir in the poppy seeds, milk, and vanilla extract. Gently fold in the beaten egg whites until just incorporated.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle in the chocolate chips and cinnamon sugar. Pour the remaining batter over top, and sprinkle with additional cinnamon sugar. With a knife, lightly swirl in the chocolate chips and cinnamon sugar so they are dispersed throughout the cake.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Allow cake to cool completely before removing from the pan.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 418 cal
- 21.6 g
- 51.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"This is a very good cake!! Nice and moist...." See more"
Poppy Seed Bundt Cake II
Moist Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.