Nutcracker Bars9 Reviews
“Rich chocolate and peanut butter bars.” - by Sharon H.
Original recipe yields 3 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Grease a 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking pan.
- To make base, cream 1/3 cup butter flavored shortening and 1/2 cup peanut butter in large bowl at medium speed in an electric mixer. Blend in brown sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time until creamy.
- Combine all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Set aside. Combine 1/4 cup milk and 1 tsp. vanilla in measuring cup. Add dry ingredients and milk alternately to creamed mixture. Mix at low speed. Scrape the sides of the bowl frequently and beat until blended.
- Spread batter into prepared pan and bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool.
- For Frosting: Cream 1/4 cup butter flavored shortening and 2/3 cup peanut butter in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer. Add 4 cups of confectioners' sugar and 1/2 cup milk. Beat until fluffy. Spread on cooled cookie base. For drizzle melt chocolate pieces on very low heat in small saucepan. Drizzle chocolate from end of spoon back and forth over frosting. Cut into 2 inch squares. Refrigerate 15 to 20 minutes until chocolate is firm.
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 206 cal
- 8.9 g
- 30.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"Wonderful! My chocolate-and-peanut-butter-loving son gives these the thumbs up! Peanut butter is decidedly the predominant taste, with just a touch of chocolate. If you prefer more chocolate taste, th..." See moreen either frost with chocolate frosting or add 3-4 Tb cocoa to the existing frosting recipe here, and adjust thickness with a few drops of milk to get it spreadable."
"For some reason, maybe because of the pix, I thought these were going to be bars but it'e more like a really thin sheet pie/cake. Gooey, messy & super rich. Some loved it, some liked it. Someone comme..." See morented that these would be good using chunky pb for the base."
Sweet Marie Bars
Kitty Kat Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.