Lucky Cakes2 Reviews
“Chocolate cakes with white filling.” - by Janis
Original recipe yields 2 dozen
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Cream together 2 cups sugar, 1/2 cup shortening and eggs. Combine 1 cup milk plus 1 teaspoon vinegar. Add to mixture with vanilla, blending well. Set aside.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and cocoa in a separate bowl. Gradually add to creamed mixture until well blended. Finally add the boiling water and mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonful on to ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove to baking rack to cool.
- Cream margarine and shortening. Add 1 cup milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla, continuing to beat. Slowly add pudding mix and 1 cup confectioners' sugar.
- Assemble cookies by spreading filling on one side of cookie and then placing another on top.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 610 cal
- 27.2 g
- 86.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"Lucky cakes are an old recipe. My mother-in-law made these for her children many years ago. They are still a family favorite, and we are into a fourth generation from her. Janis's filling must be a mo..." See morere modern version with the use of the instant pudding. I will contribute Mom's filling recipe."
Big Soft Sugar Cookie Cakes
Just swipe to see more like this.