Bacon Wrapped Delights9 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“You can wrap almost anything in bacon and it'll taste great. Here is a recipe that works great as appetizers or as hors d'oeuvres. This dish can be served plain or accompanied with a hollandaise sauce or orange ponzu sauce.” - by The Sushi Guy
Original recipe yields 24 pieces
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Blanch the asparagus until it is barely cooked and still crisp, 2 to 4 minutes. When done, plunge the asparagus into ice water to stop the cooking. When cool, trim the asparagus to 8-inch lengths. Wrap a bundle of 6 asparagus spears with six strips of bacon, side by side, securing each slice with a toothpick. The bacon should be wrapped around twice so that there are two layers.
- Trim the enoki mushrooms, and separate into 12 pieces. Stuff each enoki piece with four pieces of shiitake. Wrap each bundle with a slice of bacon, wrapping around twice, and secure with a toothpick. Place the bundles on a wire rack placed over a baking sheet.
- Roast in preheated oven for 6 minutes, then flip the bundles over, and cook for another 4 to 6 minutes, until the bacon is brown and crisp.
- To serve, remove all 24 toothpicks, and slice the asparagus bundles between the bacon. Drain on paper towels for a moment before serving.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 225 cal
- 15.6 g
- 4.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"Easy prep, taste great! I cooked my bacon for a few minutes in the microwave beforehand, sprinkled it with applewood seasoning, wrapped it and threw it on the grill... big hit... thanks!!!..." See more"
"it was not to easy to make. the results are very good though. i suggest using broil temps in the oven with a close eye...." See more"
Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts II
Bacon Wrapped Hotdogs
Just swipe to see more like this.