Cathedral Window Holiday Bars1 Reviews
“A cookie base with colored marshmallows and chocolate.” - by Gerry Burns
Original recipe yields 2 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Mix 1 cup butter, 1 cup brown sugar and 2 eggs. Stir in 2 cups flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Press in ungreased 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool.
- Heat chocolate and 1/2 cup butter over low heat, stirring constantly until melted. Remove from heat.
- Stir in 2 cups powdered sugar and 2 eggs. Beat until smooth. Stir in marshmallows and pecans. Spread mixture over cookie-base. Refrigerate 2 hours. Cut into bars.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 686 cal
- 37.9 g
- 86.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"It seemed to be a lot of effort for this recipe and the outcome was NOT worth it. I wound up throwing the whole thing away. I even had a neighbor test-taste it just to make sure it wasn't just me. ..." See moreIt had a very un-satisfying, bland taste. Would NOT recommend this to anyone."
Creme de Menthe Bars
Pecan Turtle Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.