Magic Peanut Butter Middles545 Reviews
“Chocolate cookie with a surprise peanut butter center.” - by Stephanie
Original recipe yields 30 cookies
- In small bowl blend flour, cocoa and baking soda. Mix until well blended.
- In large bowl beat sugar, butter or margarine and 1/4 cup peanut butter, until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg, beat. Stir in flour mixture until blended. Set aside.
- To make Filling: Combine confectioner's sugar and 3/4 cup peanut butter. Blend well.
- Roll filling into 30 - 1 inch balls. For each cookie, with floured hands, shape about 1 Tablespoon of dough around 1 peanut butter ball, covering completely. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten with glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 7-9 minutes. When cookies are done, they should be set and slightly cracked.
Amount Per Serving (15 total)
- 290 cal
- 15.7 g
- 34.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (545)Rate This Recipe
"I actually discovered this recipe on another forum & have been making these cookies for years with some very minor alterations. MOST IMPORTANTLY: ADD A TBSP. OF WATER OR MILK, as the dough is a bit to..." See moreo dry. I also always add an extra couple tsps., maybe even tbsp. of PB. Works every time. The dough should not looked cracked when you roll it, it should look like playdo. In addition, I cut both types of sugar down to 1/3 c. & they always come out fine. The middles are very sweet, so there's no need for that much sugar in the chocolate dough. With time, you become experienced at assembling these & eventually you'll be so good at it that you won't have any leftover PB balls, because you'll be able to handle more PB in the center, which makes them so much better!!!"
"Ok, so I have made these about 5 times now. The first few times, I found the chocolate dough to be a little dry and not very flavorful. Here is a summary of what I figured out to make the chocolate p..." See moreart moist, fudge, and just awesome: 1) Use brand name cocoa like hershey's, it will taste better; 2) Add 2 Tbsp sour cream to liquid mixture; 3) Add 1 extra egg (total of 2); 4) add 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips to chocolate dough. YUM!"
"Oh my! I almost gave up when the chocolate dough wouldn't wrap around the peanut butter middles very easily. But I didn't give up & found that if I really flatten the dough and then wrap it, it works..." See more better. I think next time I make these I will chill the peanut butter middles before wrapping the dough around them. (Oh yeah, I too was left with more middles than dough, lol!!) They do look scrumptious, time for a taste!!"
The Whole Jar of Peanut Butter Cookies
Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.