Melt-Away Peppermint Wreaths9 Reviews
“Christmas wreaths in red and green ... yummy!” - by Judy Farris
Original recipe yields 3 dozen
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cream butter or margarine; gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Add flour, and mix well. Stir in peppermint extract.
- Divide dough in half and place in separate bowls. Tint half of dough with red food coloring and the other half with the green food coloring.
- Roll dough into balls using 1/2 teaspoon dough per ball. For each wreath shaped cookie, place six balls in a circle, alternating colors, on ungreased cookie sheets. Press together securely. Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes; then remove to racks. Cool completely.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 197 cal
- 13 g
- 18.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"i've been using this recipe for the last 4 years and will continue to do so as long as i keep getting requests to make them. they are time consuming but well worth it, i promise :) the wreaths are f..." See moreragile so you really have to let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for at least 10 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack."
"This cookie just was not for me it does not have a lot of flavor even after I doubled the pepermint extract. Once they were backed they fell apart and you could not even tell they were shaped like ca..." See morendy canes or wreaths. Will not ever use this recipe again."
Brown-Eyed Susans I
Old Fashioned Wreaths
Just swipe to see more like this.