Mountain Cookies II9 Reviews
“A delicious butter cookie with a creamy coconut filling.” - by Debbie Rowe
Original recipe yields 4 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- To Make Dough: In a mixing bowl, cream 1 cup butter, 1 cup confectioner's sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Combine 2 cups flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1 inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Make a deep indentation in the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges just start to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- To Make Filling: Beat cream cheese, 1 cup confectioner's sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, and 1 teaspoon vanilla in a mixing bowl. Add pecans and coconut; mix well.
- Spoon 1/2 teaspoon of the filling into each cookie.
- To Make Topping: Heat chocolate chips, 2 tablespoons butter or margarine and water in a small saucepan until melted. Stir in 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar. Drizzle over cookies.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 219 cal
- 13.1 g
- 24.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"These cookies were very rich and very good. They taste best after being refrigerated. Very fancy looking too. I plan to make these for Christmas presents. I think that next time, I will decrease t..." See morehe sugar in the filling and topping- they were a little too sweet. Everyone loved them!"
"Very rich, very tasty and rather finicky to make but completely worth it for the annual Christmas baking. A tip - be sure to make the butter cookies small, if you don't get 4 dozen they're too big and..." See more will end up being too sweet. As small bite sized treats though they are perfection!"
Clothes Pin Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.