Chocolate Refrigerator Cookies6 Reviews
“Dough is refrigerated and cut.” - by Leigh Anne
Original recipe yields 4 dozen
- Thoroughly cream shortening and sugar; add egg and beat well. Melt chocolate over low heat. Add chocolate and vanilla to shortening mixture. Mix well.
- Sift dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Stir in nuts.
- Shape into rolls. Wrap in waxed paper; chill thoroughly or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Using a sharp knife, cut 1/4 inch thick slices off the rolls and place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 139 cal
- 7.1 g
- 17.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"These cookies are really good. I used part margarine and part shortening (instead of all shortening). The dough was kind of soft even after refrigerating overnight but still well worth baking. I will ..." See moresend this recipe to my family and friends (along with a note of where it came from)."
"Positives: 1)Very easy to prepare, 2)Refrigerated and sliced very easily, and 3)Very nice texture after baking. Negatives: 1)Little to no chocolate taste and 2)Not very sweet. Made these exactly as ..." See morewritten. If you plan to decorate with icing, you will solve the sweet issue. If you are relying on a chocolate taste, think again. These would do well as a sandwiching cooking. I will try again and add cocoa or just leave all the chocolate out and add almond extract and poopy seeds."
Chewy Chocolate Cookies III
Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies I
Just swipe to see more like this.