Side of the Trail Cookies13 Reviews
“Cookies for hikes or walks.” - by Girl Scout Troop 301 Penn Lakes
Original recipe yields 6 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 Degrees C).
- In mixing bowl, cream the shortening and peanut butter. Add the brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Combine oats, flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Add chocolate chips and mix in well.
- Drop by the rounded teaspoonful unto ungreased baking sheet. Flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass. Bake for 12 minutes or until done.
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 288 cal
- 17.7 g
- 30 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (13)Rate This Recipe
"These were great! My changes: Used 1 stick of butter and 1 cup of butter flavored crisco; used 1 cup of white sugar + the 1 cup of brown sugar; used 1 cup of craisins + 1 cup of chocolate chips. Thank..." See more you."
"These were really yummy & weighed very little, making them perfect for hikes & hard to resist any other time! The biggest change I made was baking them in a tray for 25 mins before cutting them into b..." See morears, rather than using the mix to make drop cookies. However, I also used margerine instead of shortening, reduced the sugar slightly, didn't bother with the vanilla or salt & used some raisins & linseed as well as almost the full amount of choc chips. These had a nice nutty flavour without being overpowering. Will definately make again!"
Hearty Breakfast Cookies
Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.