Chocolate Nut Biscotti23 Reviews
“Delicious, not too crispy biscotti, which can be dipped in or drizzled with melted chocolate. (You can use slivered almonds instead of the hazelnuts, if you wish.)” - by Sue Hushin
Original recipe yields 3 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Grease and lightly flour cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in chocolate and nuts.
- Divide dough into two equal parts. On floured surface, shape dough into two logs, 14 inches long, 1-1/2 inches wide and 1 inch thick. Place two inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a cutting board. Let cool 5 minutes. Cut into 3/4 inch thick diagonal slices and return to cookie sheet, standing upright.
- Bake 10 minutes more or until slightly dry. Cool completely on wire racks.
Reviews (23)Rate This Recipe
"I love this recipe - easy and tasty! I've changed a couple of things though: - first I roast the nuts in the oven for about 10 minutes (at 350 degrees) or until they start to colour. - I use 1/2 cup ..." See moreof sugar - I use margarine instead of butter - I use about 3/4 cup of choc chips instead of the package of chocolate. - I've added about 1 tbsp of decaf espresso powder to the dry ingredients too and that was quite nice. - Last time I cooked them, when I was about to do the 2nd time in the oven, I just turned the oven off and left them in there and they turned out great!"
"A very easy recipe with great results.I doubled the recipe and learned don't over crowd them one the first baking since they spread out alot...." See more"
Marietta's White Chocolate Macadamia Biscotti
Chocolate Dipped Orange Biscotti
Just swipe to see more like this.