Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies III3 Reviews
“I have made these at Christmas for 20 years or more. Enjoy!” - by Mellan
Original recipe yields 3 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Sift together flour, soda and salt and set aside.
- Cream shortening and gradually add 2/3 cup brown sugar. Blend in 1 unbeaten egg. Beat well. Stir in HALF of the flour mixture.
- Add 1/4 cup maraschino cherry juice and 2 tablespoons milk. Stir in the remaining dry ingredients and mix well.
- Blend in 2 squares of melted chocolate, walnuts, and maraschino cherries. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cut the marshmallows in half and place cut side down on hot cookies. Cool on rack and frost with Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookie Frosting from this site (see footnote for the link) and top each with a nut half.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 219 cal
- 12.5 g
- 26.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"In reading the first review of this recipe, I have some suggestions. I make a similar cookie: Instead of chopping the cherries, roll one whole cherry in the middle of a ball of dough. Instead of top..." See moreping with marshmallows, top with a thin frosting: powdered sugar, cherry juice, almond extract and milk. Not difficult at all!"
"I used 1/3 of a marshmellow instead of 1/2. I put the cookies with the marshmellow back in the 350 oven for 2 minutes to toast the marshmellows. I also kept the chocolate warm in the double boiler whi..." See morele drizzling it on the cookies. It turned out great! 1st place in the neighborhood christmas cookie competition. I would also suggest replacing some of the milk in the frosting recipe with maraschino juice for extra cherry flavor."
"This was the most difficult and frustrating recipe I've ever tried. Not only were the directions hard to understand..but it didn't work. The marshmellows did "melt" on the cookies, the sauce did not..." See more thicken. If you attempt this recipe, it is best to have a team of two or three people--then you may have better luck."
Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies II
Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies I
Just swipe to see more like this.