Quick Short Rib Stew2 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 min
“Delicious, tender short ribs combined with a very tasty accompanying stew. Simple ingredients, great taste!!!” - by thorky
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place 1/2 cup of flour in a heavy plastic bag or large bowl; add the ribs and toss until completely coated. Pour the oil into the preheated pan, heat until shimmering. Shake any excess flour off of the ribs, then add them to the hot oil. Brown well on all sides without burning, about 10 minutes.
- While the ribs are browning, stir together the hot water and bouillon cubes in a pressure cooker until dissolved. Using tongs, remove the ribs from the skillet, and place into the pressure cooker. Seal according to manufacturer's directions and cook for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, release pressure, and open cooker according to manufacturer's directions. Pour in the canned tomatoes, garlic, onion, and carrots. Simmer, uncovered until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, cook the diced potatoes in enough water to cover until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the meat to a serving platter. Stir together 3 tablespoons of flour with 1 cup of water. Stir into the vegetables, and cook until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Drain the cooked potatoes, and add to the stew along with the can of peas. Heat until warmed through, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 988 cal
- 61 g
- 70 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"Very good recipe. I was in a pinch to make dinner tonight, so I picked this because it said Quick! I planned on making stew, so I didn't have short ribs, I had stew meat. Also, after I dug into this r..." See moreecipe, I realized that I needed a pressure cooker. Oops! Well, this was still wonderful. I was relieved to find that the meat was very tender still. Something with the flour on the meat before-hand makes it better. I used red potatos because I like the result better than russets. Served oversized mugs with a crusty hard roll. Very nice recipe. Thanks!"
"Save a step, cook the meat in the pressure cooker, then remove the meat and drain on paper towles saves cleaning up time, drain cooking oil from pressure cooker and continue fllowing the recipe. Recip..." See moree is great, recipe tastes better with frozen peas in my opinion, canned frozen to each their own."
Kyle's Favorite Beef Stew
Beef Short Rib French Onion Soup
Just swipe to see more like this.