Blonde Brownies I1031 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“Rich, chewy brownie with chocolate chips on top.” - by Sue Bush
Original recipe yields 1 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Grease a 9x9-inch baking pan.
- Measure 1 cup sifted flour. Add baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Sift again. Add 1/2 cup chopped nuts. Mix well and set aside.
- Stir the brown sugar into the melted butter and mix well. Cool slightly.
- Mix the beaten egg and vanilla into the brown sugar mixture. Add flour mixture, a little at a time, mixing just until combined.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle 1/2 to 1 cup chocolate chips on top. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 477 cal
- 23.2 g
- 65.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1031)Rate This Recipe
"HELPFUL TIPS NOT MENTIONED: I've been on a brownie rampage for the past month,and have made 10 recipes! THIS is the only one that consistency comes out the same!!!! What's best about it is, ...there ..." See morearen't 100 reviews changing how to do it b/c it's good as is! What's not mentioned is, the exact same recipe (taste, chewy, big) is on here, but in cookie form!!! How wonderful is that esp. if you love this recipe like my family and husbands soldiers we send this to do?! You can find it under "Best Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie" ...the title is exactly how they always turn out. I love this in brownie AND cookie form, so try both!!! Also, I prefer the chocolate chips to be mixed IN instead of on top, but it's all about preference! It would be overkill to add more than recommended though. When I double the recipe, I still only put a heaping 2/3 C of cc, and it's MORE than enough. TWICE I have won best chocolate chip cookie on our military base due to this recipe."
Lesa in IL
"Marvelous, absolutely fantastic! I doubled the recipe (the only thing I changed) and used a 13x9 pan allowing a bit longer cooking time. Others have said these are "too sweet". Most blonde brownies ..." See moreI tried were disappointing as they were not sweet enough. My preferences in dessert run on the "rich" side". If you like rich desserts as I do, make as is for an 8x8 pan or double the recipe for a 13x9. Thank you for sharing this delicious recipe!"
"Excellent. I have been looking for a good recipe for "blondies" for a long time! Like many reviewers, I doubled the recipe and baked it in a 9x13 inch pan. I also left out the nuts at mixed the cho..." See morecolate chips right into the batter- would definitely recommend doing this! BUT, do NOT store in the refrigerator!! They were so great at first but got ruined when I put them in the refrigerator. They got really hard, like little bricks! Oh well, I'll just have to make them again! I'm sure no one will complain about that..."
Blonde Brownies II
Disappearing Marshmallow Brownies
Just swipe to see more like this.