Moravian Sugar Cookies3 Reviews
“This is a very old recipe. The Moravian Settlers were in our area, Lehighton, PA. A very thin rolled cookie.” - by Pat Wieghorst
Original recipe yields 5 dozen
- Mix together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves and ginger.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the brown sugar, butter and shortening. Add to the flour mixture and mix well. Add molasses and vinegar. Mix well.
- Cover and chill dough overnight.
- Roll out a small amount of dough to 1/8 (or less) inch thick. Cut into desired shapes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) for 10 minutes or until light brown.
Amount Per Serving (30 total)
- 201 cal
- 6.7 g
- 33.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"This large recipe could easily be scaled down. Definitely a cookie that would appeal to those who enjoy molasses cookies, for that is what they essentially are...." See more"
"These are delicious, and the dough is easy to make. However, this is the stickiest dough ever! I finally figured out that I needed to roll the dough right on the parchment paper, cut out the cookies ..." See moreand remove the scraps, because the dough was too sticky to be transferred. Makes a ton of cookies, so good for a cookie exchange if you're willing to do the work."
Moravian Ginger Cookies II
Soft Sugar Cookies I
Just swipe to see more like this.