Russian Tea Cakes II6 Reviews
“Enjoy ... these are wonderful! I like to use almonds, but you can experiment with other nuts, if you like.” - by Michelle
Original recipe yields 3 dozen
- Cream the butter and sugar together. Add the yolk, cream and vanilla. Beat well. Add the nuts, flour and baking powder.
- Chill the dough for about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Mold dough into little round balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheets and bake for 12 minutes.
- As you take the balls off of the cookies sheet, drop them into a bowl of confectioner's sugar. Roll them around until they are completely covered. Remove and cool on a rack.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 106 cal
- 5.4 g
- 13.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"I made this cookie recipe exactly to the directions and the "balls" fell to regular flat round cookies. Taste was ok but appearance was not satisfactory..." See more"
"I used chopped pecans in mine and chilled for about 3 hours. I remember my grandmother making these, and she would roll them into little "logs" instead of balls. She also rolled them in the powdered s..." See moreugar while they were still warm, forming a paste, and then again after they had cooled. That is what I did. Turned out ok. A similar recipe found in most cookie books is "Sandies.""
"I thought the previous review must have done something wrong, but I had the same results: flat, not round, cookies that were crumbly and the powder got sticky. I saved the situation by putting my cool..." See moreing rack over the sink and sifting powder sugar onto the cookies while hot and again avter the first dusting got sticky. "
Russian Tea Cakes I
Tea Cakes I
Just swipe to see more like this.