Oatmeal and Everything Bars34 Reviews
“This recipe contains oatmeal, caramel and chocolate, and makes really chewy, delicious bars.” - by Kim W.
Original recipe yields 3 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Peel the plastic wrapping from the caramels and melt them in a saucepan over medium heat along with the milk. ( If using a microwave, use a large, microwave-safe bowl, melt the caramels and milk in the microwave at medium power for 2 to 3 minutes, checking every 20 to 30 seconds.) Stir and set aside.
- Melt the margarine and combine with flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Press slightly more than half the oat mixture into a greased 11 x 7 inch pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of the mixture, then pour the caramel over the chips. Top with remaining oat mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes; cool. Cut into bars.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 273 cal
- 12.5 g
- 40.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (34)Rate This Recipe
"This is nearly identical to one of my favorite dessert recipes. My technique is a little different, but the basic idea is the same--and really delicious! I spread about 2/3 of the oat mixture in the p..." See morean, bake for 12 minutes, then cover with the caramel and a mixture of the leftover oats and the chocolate chips before baking another 15 minutes. This gives a nice firm base to the bar, and a gooey blended top layer! Yum!"
"These are excellent! Something to make the recipe even easier is to substitute caramel sauce for the wrapped caramels (omit milk, too!). They turned out just as delicious with this change. I also d..." See moreouble the oatmeal base as it is much better with a thicker bottom."
Apple Oatmeal Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.