Banana Cake Cookies92 Reviews
- Prep: 5 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 15 min
“I won a local "banana" recipe contest with this cookie.” - by Robin J.
Original recipe yields 3 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Cream shortening; add brown sugar, beating well. Add eggs and banana; beat well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices. Add to creamed mixture; mix well. Stir in pecans.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart onto greased cookies sheets. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Dip half of cooled cookies into Powdered Sugar Icing.
- To Make Icing: Combine 3 cups confectioner's sugar, 1 tablespoon melted butter or margarine, and 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract. Add milk to yield desired consistency (you may need to add a little extra), beating until smooth.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 277 cal
- 9.3 g
- 47 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (92)Rate This Recipe
"These cookies were excellent--really soft and moist! I made a few changes though: I used margarine instead of the shortening, cinnamon in lieu of the cloves, and 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips in ..." See moreplace of the nuts. I didn't do the icing either (I don't think they need it!). I made these yesterday, and they're almost all gone!! I will definietly make thse again when I have "leftover" bananas. Thanks Robin!"
"These are very yummy cookies!! I knew they would be soft from the name obviously but I do wish I could find a crunchier banana cookie. Anyway, I did accidentally add an extra banana to this recipe and..." See more then read reviews to see most people did this and was relieved! Also, I added a tbs of banana extract and some allspice for good measure. Very good strong flavor and nice texture. I am absolutely amazed when I read anyone got flat cookies, they puffed up for me almost immediately and didnt spread too much so I had quite a few on my cookie sheet, which i used parchment paper on. Great recipe, and by the way I didnt even bother with any icing. May be a nice extra but I didn't even feel they needed anything else. Might try for fun sometime though! :) UPDATE: I mailed this to my husband in Iraq and took him 2 weeks to get them and he is obsessed with them and cant wait for me to send more. Just wanted to pass that along, be sure and vacuum seal them but that they keep well! Thanks again!"
"These are like cookie-shaped banana cakes - yummy! I drizzled the icing on instead of dunking them, and used only 2 cups of icing sugar, reducing the other icing ingredients accordingly.... found thi..." See mores was still too much icing, so if you're really concerned about wasting your icing sugar, try cutting back even more than I did. Light and healthy!"
Oatmeal Banana Nut Cookies
Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.