Pecan Crusted Chocolate Truffle Pie13 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“I am a pastry chef and I have developed many desserts that can be served at Passover. This shouldn't be prepared just for the holiday - it's great all year long! Garnish with any seasonal fresh berries.” - by springfield70
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch pie
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix together the pecans, 1/3 cup sugar, 1/4 cup butter and miniature chocolate chips. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie plate. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool completely.
- In a metal bowl set over a pan of simmering water, combine 1 1/3 cups chocolate chips and 1/2 cup butter. Stir occasionally until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks with 1/4 cup sugar until thick and pale using an electric mixer, at least 3 minutes. Stir into the melted chocolate and set it back over the pan of simmering water. Whisk constantly until thick, 3 to 4 minutes. Pour into the cooled crust and smooth the top.
- Heat the heavy cream in a small saucepan. When warm, stir in the remaining chocolate chips until melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the brandy. Pour over the truffle filling. Refrigerate for several hours to set before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 692 cal
- 57.4 g
- 48.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (13)Rate This Recipe
"Easy, delicious and elegant. Made it for company and it disappeared. A definite keeper. Update 4/13/06 - This pie was the hit of our Passover dinner. It's a good thing that I made 2. The other dessert..." See mores were basically untouched. I got so many compliments from my guests and I didn't tell them how easy it was to make. :)"
"Made this for passover and everyone LOVED it. Used a coconut crust and followed the rest of the recipe to a tee. Garnished with rasperries and whipped cream. highly reccomend this recipe it doesnt tas..." See morete like passover at all."
Milk Chocolate Pecan Pie
Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.