Turtle Cookies I3 Reviews
“I haven't made these in years and had a hard time finding the recipe :-)” - by Mellan
Original recipe yields 2 1/2 dozen
- Cream butter or margarine, gradually add brown sugar, beating at medium speed of an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add 1 egg, 1 egg yolk, and vanilla; beating until well blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture, mixing well.
- Chill dough at least 1 hour.
- Arrange pecan halves in groups of 5 on ungreased cookie sheets, resembling head and legs of turtles.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, and dip bottoms in remaining egg white. Press gently onto pecans to resemble turtle bodies. Bake at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Spread frosting on top of cookies.
- To Make Frosting: Combine chocolate squares, milk and 1 tablespoon butter or margarine in a small saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate melts. Remove from heat. Add approximately 1 3/4 cups confectioner's sugar; beat until smooth.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 309 cal
- 15.4 g
- 41.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"Grew up eating these cookies from our local chain of bakeries. Only difference from the ones I had was the frosting was piped on in a big chocolate kiss shape. To get that takes testing with the amoun..." See moret of powdered sugar and add a good bit of cocoa powder to make it more chocolatey. It should be the consistancy of decorator frosting."
"These came out great! I added a bit of vanilla to the frosting and added a little more powdered sugar to make it thick enough to pipe the "kiss" shape on top. Awesome!! ..." See more"
Snappy Turtle Cookies
Candy Cane Cookies I
Just swipe to see more like this.