Becky's Oatmeal Carmelitas99 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“A good friend of mine (and one of the best cooks I know) created this delightfully chewy caramel bar.” - by Robin J.
Original recipe yields 1 - 9x13 inch pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the caramels with the evaporated milk, stirring frequently until smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt. Stir in the melted butter. Press half of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from the oven, and sprinkle the crust with chocolate chips and walnuts. Drizzle the caramel mixture over all. Crumble the remaining oat mixture evenly over the top, and pat down lightly.
- Bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes, or until the top is golden. Cool before cutting into bars.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 352 cal
- 17.3 g
- 48.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (99)Rate This Recipe
"We have made carmelitas for years, its even in our church cook book. This is a great recipe, althought you do not have to get caramel candies... You can use caramel ice cream topping like smuckers, et..." See morec. For xmas I used the milky way kind of topping it was wonderful. Just a tip to save you a lot of time, who wants to unwrap all those candies, expensive too.."
"These were sinfully rich and delicious. My husband's co-workers raved about them, and I sent them as Christmas gifts with the recipe attached. The only thing I would change to the instructions is that..." See more I had to reheat the caramel after it was "set aside" because it was too thick to drizzle, so maybe this step could be done while the crust is baking? Otherwise - amazing!!"
"I absolutely loved these! They are a bit crumbly (just the topping), but the RICH flavor is to die for! The caramels make it heavenly. One reviewer suggested using coconut and I think that would be..." See more delicious too! I was asked for the recipe more times for this than any other dessert I've shared at work."
Banana Oatmeal Cookies II
Just swipe to see more like this.