Baked Haddock with Spinach and Tomatoes15 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Delicious baked haddock with spinach, diced tomatoes, smothered in a rich, tangy tomato sauce.” - by Mia
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly butter a 2-quart casserole or baking dish large enough to hold haddock fillets in a single layer.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a skillet over medium heat and cook the onion slices, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in spinach and nutmeg and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Arrange haddock fillets in baking dish. Spoon equal portions of the spinach mixture between the fillets. Spoon drained tomatoes around fillets and sprinkle with the thyme, tarragon and salt.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- While fish is baking, make the sauce. If necessary add enough water to reserved tomato liquid to make 1 cup. In the skillet, melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Stir in the minced onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add 3/4 cup of the tomato juice to the onions. Bring mixture to a boil. Whisk the cornstarch into the remaining 1/4 cup juice, then add to the skillet. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring, until sauce thickens slightly. Pour sauce over baked fillets and serve.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 183 cal
- 5.4 g
- 9.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (15)Rate This Recipe
"Tarragon, nutmeg & thyme - what a brilliant combination !!! Tasting as I worked my way through the directions, I found it a bit bland for out tastes, so I added 2T freshly minced garlic to the onion f..." See moreor last 2 min of sauté, added 1-1/2 T of capers & 1/4 C white wine to sauce, used 28 oz can diced tomato & increased the thyme to 1 tsp & tarragon to 3/4 tsp. Marvelous dish; definitely making again! Thanks for sharing."
"Hubby really liked it, I found it a little bland, think I'll add more spice/herbs next time. We enjoyed it on a bed of rice with asparagras and greens beans. Yum!..." See more"
Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip
Just swipe to see more like this.