Grilled Chicken and Portobello Lasagna Rollups46 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“A different take on lasagna, these rollups have a filling of grilled chicken breast, sauteed portobello mushrooms, spinach and cheese. They are wonderful with a side salad and hot garlic bread.” - by GOMELA
Original recipe yields 18 rollups
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Stir in the lasagna noodles, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the noodles are cooked, but still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes; drain and rinse.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spread the marinara sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 glass baking dish; set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir mushrooms until they soften, about 5 minutes. Stir in spinach, and cook until hot; remove from heat.
- Stir together the chicken, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, oregano, and the cooked spinach mixture in a large bowl. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Spread about 1/4 cup of the mixture on each lasagna noodle. Roll the noodle up, and place seam-side down into the prepared baking dish. Repeat for each noodle. Spoon Alfredo sauce over the rollups.
- Bake, covered, in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and pine nuts. Return to the oven and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the pine nuts are toasted, about 10 minutes. Serve hot.
Amount Per Serving (9 total)
- 603 cal
- 32.1 g
- 50.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (46)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe was very delicious! I did make a few mistakes though, and I hope by sharing them it will help others out.. First, I should have chopped my ingredients previous to starting the cooking - I ..." See moreused fresh spinach, mushrooms, and a frozen chicken breast I had to defrost and cook. I started boiling the lasagna noodles far too early so by the time I actually made the rolls, they were sticking together and some were ripped. The next mistake I made was doing the mushrooms separate - my boyfriend doesn't eat them, so I decided to add them to only a few rollups for myself, but the mushroom quantity ratio to the other ingredients was overpowering so they didn't turn out so well. Also, the recipe says to boil 18 noodles and it makes 9 servings. I'm not sure if it's just me, but I could only fit 12 rollups in my 9x13 glass pan. I made them by having the noodle flat, adding filling along the middle, and rolling it up so it was layered (kind of) and very fat! If it is supposed to be done another way please let me know! I think the best part of this recipe was the combination of tomato and alfredo sauces with all the cheeses - absolutely delicious! Hope this helps!"
"This was really tasty! My boyfriend and I absolutley LOVED it! A few tips to share: #1 If you cook the noodles ahead of time, place them separately on top of wet paper towels to prevent them from dryi..." See moreng out. #2 Cook the spinach and mushroom mix in white wine. It really adds a bit of great flavor #3 I thought it could use a little bit more ricotta and spinach. This is just personal taste, however, as I LOVE lasagna filling! #4 make sure the chicken is cut up really small to make it easier to eat as well as easier to roll up!! Great recipe!"
Cajun Chicken Lasagna
Lemon Chicken Lasagna
Just swipe to see more like this.