Butterscotch Brownies II19 Reviews
“These chewy squares ooze brown sugary butterscotch. They becrumb the lips and besmear the chin, like home-baked goodies should.” - by Anna Pages
Original recipe yields 3 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Melt 1 cup butter in a large saucepan. Add 2 cups light brown sugar and beat well to mix. Cool the mixture slightly, then beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Sift together all-purpose flour, salt and baking powder. Stir it into the wet ingredients, then add the nuts. Mix well.
- Spread batter in a greased 11 x 7 x 2-inch pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a light gold. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out of pan and let brownies finish cooling on a rack.
- To Make Frosting: Disolve coffee in the water. Cream 1/2 cup butter with confectioner's sugar. Beat it until light. Beat into the sugar mixture. Spread over the brownies. When frosting has set, cut brownies into squares. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 417 cal
- 20.6 g
- 56.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (19)Rate This Recipe
"After reading the reviews, I decided to try this recipe. I also prefer brownies that are chewie NOT cakey. So, to avoid a cakey brownie, I used 2 eggs instead of 3. The end result was a delightfull..." See morey chewie brownie. The overall flavor is good. However, it's a little too sweet for my taste so I will most likely cut back on some of the sugar next time. I did not make the icing because the brownies just don't need it. Finally, instead of pouring the entire batter into a 11 x 7 pan, I split the batter between 2 EZ foil pans. One pan was 8¼ x 5¼ x 1 and the other was 9¼ x 6½ x 1. That way we could eat one now and freeze one for later. My oven is very accurate. The cook time for the smaller pan was 27 minutes. The cook time for the larger pan 30 minutes."
"Just like Gramma used to make! I made a few changes though: halved the recipe, used only one egg (I suspect if I had made the whole recipe, 2 would have worked), left out the walnuts, and added slight..." See morely less sugar than called for. Perfect and chewy!"
Butterscotch Brownies in a Jar
One Bowl Brownies
Just swipe to see more like this.