Raspberry Bars6 Reviews
“You can use different flavors of jam or preserves to make these.” - by Roxanne
Original recipe yields 16 bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Greasea 8 inch square baking pan.
- In large bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder. Cut in 1/2 cup chilled butter cut into small pieces. Mix until coarse crumbs form. Stir in eggs, 1 at a time, into the flour mixture. Add the milk and stir til a soft dough forms.
- Spread dough in pan, pressing with fingers to cover bottom evenly. Spread the jam over top.
- Prepare topping, in a medium sized bowl. Mix together the sugar and 1/4 cup melted butter. Stir in coconut and vanilla. Spread on top of jam layer.
- Bake til topping is lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Cool completely. Cut into bars.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 216 cal
- 11.9 g
- 26.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"I'd never made anything quite like this, and I thought it turned out pretty nicely. I did find that the bars held together well. It wasn't a very picture-perfect presentation, but the taste was very g..." See moreood. I made this recipe almost to spec, with a couple of minor notes: I used *seedless* red raspberry jam, and while making the recipe I thought that a jam with seeds might have been better, with more texture and mouthfeel (I like jam like that), but with the final result, it didn't really matter to me after all. Second, I used extra large eggs, so my batch was a little bit eggier than normal. Lastly, I used "fancy flake sweetened coconut", and I would've preferred to have had unsweetened shredded coconut on hand. That said, this was a tasty dish, which took me a week to consume. I didn't think I'd like the raspberry/coconut combination that much, but it was better than I expected. One last thing: A previous reviewer thought there was "too little dough". I might agree that it would be better to have a little more dough in this recipe. "
"It was pretty good. It only needs a quarter cup of butter in the bottom layer, I poured butter off of it when I took it out of the oven. I also used apricot jam instead of raspberry..." See more"
Delicious Raspberry Oatmeal Cookie Bars
Raspberry Oatmeal Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.