Selma's Best Oatmeal Cookies9 Reviews
“Oatmeal cookies with walnuts or pecans.” - by Kathy Schultz
Original recipe yields 5 dozen
- Cream together shortening, white sugar, brown sugar. Then add 1 beaten egg.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and ground cinnamon and add to first mixture. Then add quick rolled oats, finely crushed walnuts or pecans and vanilla.
- Cover and chill for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place walnut sized pieces of dough on a greased cookie sheet. Butter the bottom of a small glass, dip in sugar and flatten out the little pieces. You need not rebutter each time. Bake for 10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (30 total)
- 160 cal
- 9.2 g
- 18.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"These cookies were very good, I prefer a more cake like oatmeal cookie and these were kind of flat and crispy. Next time I would use less butter as they were a little greasy, but over all very tasty..." See more"
"My co-worker makes these all the time and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. An easy recipe that makes a great *crispy* oatmeal cookie. Don't make if you are looking for a chewy cookie, these are not that. But bo..." See morey are they good."
The Best Oatmeal Cookies
Mom's Raisin Oatmeal Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.