Sour Cream Sugar Cookies I60 Reviews
“Soft sugar cookies =)” - by Janel Deppe
Original recipe yields 5 dozen
- Cream together 1 1/2 cups white sugar, butter or margarine, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and eggs. Add sour cream.
- Mix together 5 cups flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, baking powder and baking soda. Gradually add to the egg-sugar mixture.
- Cover and chill dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Roll out on lightly floured surface to 1/4 inch thick. Cut out cookies. Bake on lightly greased cookie sheet for 10 - 12 minutes.
- To Make Frosting: In small bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat together the softened cream cheese and evaporated milk until smooth. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1/8 teaspoon salt and confectioners' sugar. Beat until well blended. Color as desired and frost cooled cookies.
Amount Per Serving (30 total)
- 281 cal
- 11 g
- 42.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (60)Rate This Recipe
"I have given this recipe to at least a dozen people. I absolutely love these cookies! I make about four batches for Christmas and freeze a few after they are cooked to enjoy later. Fluffy, deliciou..." See mores and easy to make! What more could you ask for?"
"I used this recipe last year frosting and all. This year I've changed the frosting (a fluffier one), but when I thought I'd lost the recipe I'd printed out a year ago (before I decided to become a mem..." See moreber) I was in a panic as to WHERE I had gotten this recipe online. When I found it again today I was thrilled. These cookies are PERFECT. "
Sour Cream Raisin Cookies
Child-Proof Sugar Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.