Meltaway Brownies15 Reviews
“Moist and chewy brownies ... one of the best recipes ever!” - by Robin
Original recipe yields 2 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt together butter and chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat.
- Add and stir in brown sugar; cool slightly. Add water, egg yolk and vanilla; beat well. Stir in flour and salt. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, using an electric mixer at high speed. Fold egg whites into chocolate mixture, then fold in chopped nuts.
- Pour into greased 9 inch square pan. Bake for 35 minutes or until set around the edges. Cool a few minutes and remove from pan. Cool on rack.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 256 cal
- 19.8 g
- 20.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (15)Rate This Recipe
"I used this brownie recipe for a class I am in. I needed a brownie recipe that includes water, because my class experiment is replacing water with a different ingredient (a nutraceutical) to add heal..." See morethy benefits to the food. THis recipe was EXCELLENT for what i needed it for. They came out moist and cakey (I took them out 5-10 min early each time). I have made them at least once or twice each week for this class and they are very consistent. However, they are VERY dark chocolate. Anyone in my class that likes dark chocolate LOVED this recipe. If you are a more milk chocolate person, use semi-sweet chocolate instead and I think you'll enjoy the recipe more. Its deffinitely for Dark chocolate lovers."
"we did not like them, they smelled really good while cooking. They were bitter and on the dry side....yuck.....sorry!..." See more"
One Bowl Brownies
Just swipe to see more like this.