Regina (Queen's Biscuit)9 Reviews
“There used to be a commercial version of these years ago but once you have had them home-made there is no comparison. These are not too sweet but they are addicting.” - by Rosina
Original recipe yields 4 - 5 dozen
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheet.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cardamom in a large bowl. Cut shortening in with a pastry blender or knives until the size of small peas.
- Stir in eggs, lightly beaten, and lemon extract. Stir in milk on tablespoon at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Mix everything together thoroughly. Break dough off in small pieces and roll in the hands to rolls about 1-1/2 inches long. Flatten slightly and roll in sesame seeds.
- Place on cookie sheet 3/4 inch apart. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving (60 total)
- 88 cal
- 4.6 g
- 10.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"A superb cookie! Should be included in any selection of great traditional Italian cookie presentations. The cardamom,lemon sesame blend is wonderfully subtle...." See more"
"Interesting twist on the traditional biscotti di regina, my italian aunts were initially very suspicious of the cardamom and thought there was too much lemon extract but I guess it's a matter of taste..." See more. Forming these cookies is fairly time consuming so to speed things along a bit I measure out a half cup of dough, gently roll/coax it to a cylinder approx half inch in diameter and cut off 1.5 inch lengths."
Aunt Anne's Sesame Cookies
Wine Cookies (Original Italian)
Just swipe to see more like this.