Monster Ice Cream Sandwich4 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 5 hr 35 min
“This will impress everyone just by looking at it, just wait until they taste it!” - by Crazy Cook :)
Original recipe yields 1 14-inch ice cream sandwich
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 2 14-inch pizza pans.
- In large bowl, beat together the butter, white sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well with each addition. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients slowly into the butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips and butterscotch chips.
- Divide the dough in half and spread each into a prepared pizza pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool cookies in the pizza pans on a cooling rack.
- When the cookies are completely cooled, spread a layer of hot fudge on the top of one, and a layer of butterscotch topping on the other. Freeze the cookies for 4 hours or overnight to set.
- Remove the cookies from the freezer, and place tightly spaced scoops of softened vanilla ice cream on the hot fudge topped cookie. Carefully place the other cookie on top of the ice cream, butterscotch side down. Gently press down on the top cookie to even out the ice cream and seal the sandwich. Drizzle the remaining hot fudge and butterscotch sauces decoratively on top of the cookie sandwich. Place in the freezer to set for one hour before serving.
Amount Per Serving (20 total)
- 785 cal
- 37.2 g
- 107.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"I'm sorry. I really do not like to rate a recipe so badly, but there were so many problems. I made half a recipe. I confirm that it was inedibly burned on the outside edge and raw in the middle. Sta..." See morerted again with another half a recipe. I thought smaller cookies might be better so I pressed 1/4 cup of dough onto waxed paper in a 4" metal egg muffin ring. Removed the ring and waxed paper and placed the dough circle onto the greased pan. 5 circles in a round pizza pan for 15 minutes yielded 5 barely edible burned-on-the-edges cookie triangles that needed to be pulled apart. Next, reduced heat to 350 and only 10 minutes baking and only 4 cookies on sheet. Eureka! Success at last. The best was only 3 cookies at a time on the sheet and then the cookies did not touch at all. Each cookie spread to 5 1/2". The dough is basically a chocolate chip cookie recipe. Again, I apologize, but this isn't the best chocolate chip cookie I've ever tasted. Now granted, I didn't have butterscotch chips, and that would have made a difference to the taste. Made my own cookie dough recipe, omitting chocolate chips and adding 2 Tbsp cocoa (could have doubled cocoa). Plopped the dough into the metal ring and baked like that. Made 14 thick, 4" cookies that make awesome ice cream sandwiches!"
"This is devilishly good! The cookie recipe is devine, although VERY geneorous. I cut down the recipe to make enough for 15 serves, yet I still made three giant cookies (so I just made it a triple laye..." See morered cake instead!). The great thing about this recipe is the adaptability... and it's great fun to eat too!"
Easy Ice Cream Sandwiches
Rice Crispy Ice Cream Sandwich Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.