Chocolate Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Bars11 Reviews
“A heavenly, rich dessert. They take some time, but they're well worth the wait.” - by Justin Robinson
Original recipe yields 3 dozen
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- To Make Crust: Combine 1 cup flour, 1/4 cup packed brown sugar, 1/2 cup butter or margarine and 3/4 cup melted chocolate chips in large bowl. Mix well. Press into bottom of ungreased 11 x 7 inch pan. Top with 2 cups peanut butter chips
- To Make Filling: Beat 1/2 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/3 cup butter and 8 oz. cream cheese in large bowl until smooth. Add 1 cup unbleached flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon vanilla and 1 tablespoon rum. Blend well. Spread over peanut butter chips.
- Bake until edges are light brown and set, 35-40 minutes. Let cool for 30 minutes.
- To Make Glaze: Melt 1/4 cup chocolate chips with1 tablespoon rum and 1 teaspoon water in small saucepan over low heat. Stir constantly until smooth. Drizzle over filling while warm. Refrigerate 1 hour and cut into bars. Store in refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 427 cal
- 23.4 g
- 44.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"I would have to say these are my most popular request from friends and family. Make sure you use an 11x7 pan and I use a metal frosting spatula that has an indent to spread the cream cheese and it co..." See moremes out perfect. I do have to bake about 10-15 minutes extra. Make sure you bring to room temp when serving to get the best flavor. Waiting a day will also allow the flavors to mingle."
"Well, I think that the author is wrong on both counts. They didn't take THAT long, but neither were they THAT good. Of course they were tasty, but I expected something "heavenly", and this was a mer..." See moreely mortal taste sensation. Good to try once, though."
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars III
Just swipe to see more like this.