Arrowroot Biscuits12 Reviews
- Prep: 50 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“These do not spread in baking.” - by Anne Paisley
Original recipe yields 3 1/2 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Beat butter and sugar just until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour, arrowroot flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to butter mixture and mix well. Divide dough in half.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll half the dough out 1/8 inch thick. Cut into 2 1/2-inch rounds. Transfer rounds to prepared baking sheet; prick with fork. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake in preheated oven until edges are golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Allow a bit more baking time if rolled thicker.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 86 cal
- 2.9 g
- 14.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (12)Rate This Recipe
"I prepared these cookies, exactly as per the recipe. My family found the cookies tasy, but a little sweet. Maybe cut back on the sugar. Also, the yield was closer to 2 dozen biscuits than 3 1/2...." See more"
"Yummy! I made with only 1/3 cup of sugar, but I sprinkled the tops with powdered sugar when they first came out of the oven. It made for a lightly sweet treat. I creamed in only half the butter, then ..." See moremelted the other half and added it. That way the dough was just perfect and needed no extra milk or water to make it moist enough."
Anzac Biscuits I
Just swipe to see more like this.