Chocolate Peanut Butter Dreams3 Reviews
“These are good anytime for a chocolate lover. I make these ahead of time, place in the freezer and then do the chocolate coating as I need them.” - by Sherry Lewis
Original recipe yields 4 - 6 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat sugar, peanut butter, and butter or margarine till fluffy. Blend in water, egg, and vanilla.
- Combine oats, flour and baking soda and add to the mixture.
- Shape into balls 1 inch in size. Place on ungreased cookie sheet, and flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a saucepan over low-heat, melt chocolate and shortening, stir until smooth. Take 1/2 teaspoon and spread over each cookie, sprinkle with nuts. Chill until set.
Amount Per Serving (48 total)
- 159 cal
- 9.2 g
- 17.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"This was the only thing I've ever made from here that I have had a problem with. couldn't get the right consistancy, had to keep adding flour and they lost a lot of taste...." See more"
"I can't believe these are only rated at 2 1/2 stars. These cookies are different and delicious. My friend and i would make these when we were having a bad day and then give most of them away so we wou..." See moreldn't eat them all. Everyone loves them. The chocolate topping stays soft and gooey all the time because of the shortening. AMAZING!"
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars II
Oatmeal Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.