Orange Baked Alaska3 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 3 min
- Ready In: 4 hr 23 min
“A refreshing twist on a traditional Baked Alaska! Orange sherbet and orange are served in orange shells and topped with a toasted meringue. Wow!” - by KARLA10
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Scoop the orange sherbet into 6 balls and place them on a plate. Freeze until very firm, at least 4 hours.
- Slice the oranges in half across the center and cut around the edges with a small knife. Remove the fruit and membrane, reserving the fruit and peel shells. Chop the orange sections and place them in the bottoms of the shells.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (220 degrees C). In a clean glass or metal bowl, whip egg whites with an electric mixer until foamy. Mix in cream of tartar and gradually beat in the sugar while continuing to whip until stiff and glossy.
- Place the orange shells on a baking sheet and place a ball of sherbet into each one. Cover the sherbet with meringue, sealing to the edges of the orange peel.
- Bake for 5 minutes in the preheated oven, until browned. Remove and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 186 cal
- 1.4 g
- 42.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"I was albe to cheap out on the icecream by buying genaric vanilla and lighty zesting oranges befor; then sprinkeling choped orange zest over merengue pryor to bakeing (you could fold it in too ^^;)..." See more"
"My meringue fell off in the oven too! It was all OK except for that though. Nice twist with the orange...." See more"
"this was ok.. the meraguine started falling off in the oven, may have cooked it a bit too long and it was just a weird combination for my taste. I think if you added some vanilla to the mer. it may ha..." See moreve made a bit of differece. It just needed something else to it.. But it was fun to try! "
Orange and Rosemary Baked Olives
Orange Sherbet Gelatin Mold
Just swipe to see more like this.