Mincemeat Crumb Bars19 Reviews
“Good at holiday time - good any time. Mincemeat filling can be replaced with any flavor canned pie filling.” - by Rosina
Original recipe yields 4 dozen (approx.)
- In large mixing bowl stir together: flour, oats, brown sugar and baking soda. Melt butter or margarine over low heat and stir in until well blended. Set aside 2 cups of this mixture.
- Distribute remaining oat mixture evenly into an ungreased 15 X 10 X 1 inch baking pan and pat down. Bake this in a 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 12 minutes.
- Stir lemon OR orange peel into mincemeat OR fruit-pie filling. Spread filling carefully over the HOT baked crust. Sprinkle the reserved oat mixture over the filling. Pat oat mixture very gently onto filling.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until top is golden. Cool pan on rack. Drizzle with icing.:
- To Make Icing: Mix together 1 cup confectioners' sugar, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 to 2 tablespoon milk. Add milk a little at a time to obtain drizzling consistency.
Amount Per Serving (48 total)
- 149 cal
- 6.4 g
- 22.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (19)Rate This Recipe
"Wonderful for the Holidays. May I suggest the following additions.. 1/2 tsp cinnamon, ginger,nutmeg,cloves, 1cup chopped walnuts, increase vanilla to 1tsp, & 2 1/2 tsp milk... I tried this version & ..." See morecan't stop eating them.. "
"My wife and I find this to be an outstanding recipe. We used my mother-in-laws pint gift jar of mincemeat that was spicy enough (no need to add spices as suggested by another reviewer). Zest from an..." See more orange was a nice complement. DO NOT MAKE CONFECTION topping until you taste the sweetness. We will cut pack on a third of the sugar which ruins an otherwise excellent treat."
Dark Chocolate Crumb Bars
Blueberry-Lemon Crumb Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.