“This cookie is chocolatey, chewy and sweet.” - by Rosina
Original recipe yields 3 - 4 dozen
- In small cup, cover chopped dates with boiling water and let soak for 10 - 15 minutes. (If necessary, add additional boiling water to cover.) Drain liquid and discard.
- Combine flour, cocoa and baking powder and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in dates and beat in vanilla extract. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Fold in cornflakes.
- Break off pieces of dough (walnut sized). Roll into balls and place 1-1/2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 12 - 15 minutes or until firm. Cool on wire racks.
Amount Per Serving (48 total)
- 50 cal
- 3.3 g
- 5.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"These were not so good. I substituted Frosted Flakes for the corn flakes, which I assumed would be OK. My cookies came out very very crumbly (probably didn't roll them into tight enough balls)and th..." See moreey had little flavor."
"I have made this with chopped prunes, raisins, and walnuts in place of dates and have always turned out great...love the chewy-ness to this cookie THANKS..." See more"
Cornmeal Cookies II
Pineapple Cookies III
Just swipe to see more like this.