Crisp Chocolate Rolls2 Reviews
“Cookies rolled around a pencil or dowel and filled with chocolate.” - by Kathleen Dickerson
Original recipe yields 1 - 2 dozen
- In a large mixing bowl, cream 1/2 cup butter or margarine, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla until light and fluffy. Add egg whites; blend well. Gradually add flour and blend well.
- Drop batter by teaspoons 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread with the back of a spoon into 3-inch rounds.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake for 5 minutes or until edges are light brown. Working with 1 cookie at a time, loosen from baking sheet with a spatula and then quickly roll tightly around a pencil. Transfer to a wire rack to cool, seam side down.
- With a pastry bag or soda straw or wooden pick, fill rolls with Creamy Chocolate Filling.
- To Make Filling: In a small saucepan, melt chocolate and 1/4 teaspoon of vegetable oil (or butter or margarine) over low heat stirring constantly.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 82 cal
- 5 g
- 8.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"I really wanted this recipe to work but I just could not get these cookies to "roll" for me. When making this recipe make a double batch of the cookie dough so you have enough to play with until you g..." See moreet it right and unless you have help, make only a few at a time because they harden to fast."
"This cookie was good but you have to move very quickly to get these rolled-which you must do as soon as they come out of the oven,so you constantly burn your fingers. I found after several batches to ..." See moremake sure when you spread the batter, its not too thick or your cookies will crack as you try to roll them. Also I found that the chocolate filling it called for was not enough, I needed to make more."
Jeanne's Chocolate Kiss Cookies
Chocolate Thumbprints II
Just swipe to see more like this.