Lemon Chewy Crisps100 Reviews
“Great fresh lemon taste in a chewy little cookie with a nice crisp brown edge. If you don't have the almonds, you can substitute 1/4 cup additional sugar instead.” - by Jennifer Lipka
Original recipe yields 2 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with electric mixer on high speed until fluffy. Beat in remaining ingredients except flour until well blended.
- On low speed, beat in flour just until blended.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 1 1/2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Sprinkle with sugar or almonds.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until edges are lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet 1 minute before removing to wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week. HINT: These cookies will have a nicely browned edge if baked on a regular thin cookie sheet rather than a thick or insulated one.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 97 cal
- 5.1 g
- 11.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (100)Rate This Recipe
"I used the extra sugar instead of the almonds. I also substituted 3 tablespoons of lemon juice for the lemon zest. The cookies turned out great! Not too lemony and very dainty. Cool for at least 2 or ..." See more3 minutes before removing."
"These were great, I added 3 tablespoons of fresh squeezed lemon juice to the dough and dipped the balls in juice then sugar to enhance the lemon flavor. I also dusted with powerdered sugar to make it..." See more more like a lemon bar cookie."
"This is the perfect lemon cookie - everything the previous reviewers promised: crunchy and chewy. The only thing I'll do differently next time is double the recipe. I didn't notice until after I ha..." See mored mixed the batter that it is on the small side, so I found myself rationing the cookies instead of having plenty."
Sesame Lemon Crisps
Annemarie's Lemon Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.