D'Amaretti Biscotti48 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 2 hr
“Toasted almond and lemon zest biscotti for any occasion. Try these variations: Use 1/2 teaspoon of either vanilla or anise extract instead of the almond extract; substitute chopped filberts for almonds; toss in half a cup of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips.” - by Rosina
Original recipe yields 3 dozen
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease baking sheet.
- Combine flour and baking powder; set aside. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the lemon zest and almond extract. Stir in the flour mixture until smooth, then stir in the chopped almonds.
- Divide dough in two. Shape each portion into a loaf about 12 inches long and 2 inches wide. Place loaves onto the cookie sheet about 4 inches apart, and flatten slightly. Beat egg white until foamy, and brush over tops of loaves.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until light brown. Cool on baking sheet for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Cut baked loaves diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices. Lay slices cut side down on the baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until crisp. Cool on wire rack. Make several days before serving. Store in a paper bag to soften slightly. For longer storage place in a sealed container.
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 104 cal
- 4.1 g
- 14.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (48)Rate This Recipe
"The BEST biscotti ever....this was the third biscotti recipe I tried and by far the best!! I made a batch and brought them to work.....the girls loved them and asked for the recipe!! Easy and delicio..." See moreus, a definate keeper."
"DELICIOUS!! Texture was good too. Extract can be replaced with fiore de sicilia (orange flower water and vanilla) for another traditional italian flavor. I made 2 batches one with anise and one wit..." See moreh the orange flavor. Everyone was happy!"
"I thought I would come back again to rate. I have made these Biscotti since I first found this recipe. I just got done making a double batch. I didn't have any almonds so I sub dried cranberries, ..." See moredidn't have lemon so I used orange zest. These are the best and everyone whose tried them rave about this recipe. Thanks again Rosina."
Basic Italian Biscotti
Just swipe to see more like this.