Brownie Biscotti434 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 55 min
“A chocolate version of an Italian favorite. You can substitute milk for the water in the egg wash, if you wish.” - by PA.GRANNY
Original recipe yields 30 cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease baking sheets, or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and baking powder; stir into the creamed mixture until well blended. Dough will be stiff, so mix in the last bit by hand. Mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Divide dough into two equal parts. Shape into 9x2x1 inch loaves. Place onto baking sheet 4 inches apart. Brush with mixture of water and yolk.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm. Cool on baking sheet for 30 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, slice the loaves diagonally into 1 inch slices. Return the slices to the baking sheet, placing them on their sides. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes on each side, or until dry. Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving (30 total)
- 91 cal
- 4.2 g
- 12.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (434)Rate This Recipe
"It's the only biscotti my husband asks for! I omit the chocolate chips, use pecans, and dip them in melted Hershey candy bars when they are done and cold. I also gave some to friends in gift baskets a..." See moret Christmas. Everyone loved them. I have never had a single problem with crumbling or any of the other problems people have had. I shape them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper (wet your hands so it doesn't stick!) then bake. When it's time to cut you can lift the whole thing off by holding the paper. I never let it cool more than 10 minutes before cutting. I use my very sharp bread knife to gently saw through the biscotti. When it's cut I lift the pieces off with a spatula and put them back on the cookie sheet (without the paper) for the second bake. It works for me!"
"Excellent flavor, however my biscottis burned a little in the second baking. I found in a cookbook to lower the temp of the oven the second time around to 250. I tried it again and they turned out p..." See moreerfect. We even ate the semi-burnt ones!"
Cinnamon Hazelnut Biscotti
Orange Almond Biscotti I
Just swipe to see more like this.