Cinnamon Pinwheels4 Reviews
“Pretty, crisp and good! A little more work than some, but well worth the effort.” - by Donna Startz
Original recipe yields 2 dozen
- Cut butter or margarine into flour with pastry blender. Stir in sour cream. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours.
- Mix together 3 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon. Divide dough into halves.
- Roll 1 half into rectangle, 20 x 7 inches, on a sugared, well-floured cloth-covered board. Sprinkle with half of the sugar-cinnamon mixture. Roll up tightly, beginning on the 7 inch side.
- Roll other half of dough into a 20 x7 inch rectangle. Sprinkle with remaining sugar-cinnamon mixture. Place loose end of roll on the 7 inch side of the rectangle; pinch edges to seal. Continue to roll up tightly; pinching edges of dough into roll to seal.
- Wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour but no longer than 48 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cut roll into 1/4 inch slices. (For easier cutting, wrap a length of thread around roll at 1/4 inch increments and pull tightly until slice is cut.) Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Mix 3 tablespoons sugar and the water; brush over cookies. Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 238 cal
- 17.5 g
- 18.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"I didn't care for these, they are crispy, but taste's too doughy. I won't make these again...." See more"
"I love this recipe and have been making it every year for the past 5 years at least, maybe longer! Only thing that I do different is before baking I dredge the cookies in a cinnamon sugar mixture and ..." See morethen place a baking sheet. It gives the cinnamon flavor an extra kick!"
Cinnamon Sugar Butter Cookies II
Cinnamon Pecan Cookie Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.