Spinach Ricotta Calzones6 Reviews
- Prep: 45 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“For a change of pace, try this speedy variation of an Italian classic. Dinner rolls are filled with a mixture of spinach and a blend of three cheeses.” - by Pam Anderson
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- On a floured surface, roll out each piece of dough into a 6-inch circle. Cover with a damp cloth and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, eggs, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, spinach, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of the filling onto each circle, leaving a 1-inch border along the bottom half of the dough circle. With wet fingertips, moisten the bottom border. Fold dough over filling; press to seal. Place on a large parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 468 cal
- 18.3 g
- 44.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"Everyone in the family loved these calzones. I added in some pasta sauce into the spinach mixture. I also used refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (because that's what I had in the house). We dipped t..." See morehem in a bit of the extra pasta sauce. Yum!"
"Very good for the whole family with a side of pizza sauce. I wish the dough got a little crispier. I had enough filling to make another four calzones!..." See more"
Just swipe to see more like this.