Koulourakia II2 Reviews
“S shaped cookies sprinkled with sesame seeds.” - by PA.GRANNY
Original recipe yields 4 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together butter or margarine and butter. Add sugar , flour, baking powder, 1 egg , vanilla, ground cinnamon, nutmeg and milk.
- Chill dough until easy to handle.
- On a floured board roll tablespoon size pieces into ropes. Place on cookie sheet in S shapes. Brush with remaining egg that is beaten with 1 tablespoon water. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degree C) for 10 to 12 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 142 cal
- 7.2 g
- 16.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"YUM! These are very delicate in flavor. Just a hint of spice and not too sweet. I did use an extra egg in the batter by accident, but they were so light and puffy that I would do the same again. I..." See more also rolled mine in powdered sugar instead of flour for just a touch more sweetness. My children LOVE these and I didn't expect them to since they are not very sweet. Hint: Bake just until edges are set for light, soft cookies; do not brown."
"I wasn't familiar with this type of cookie, so I can't speak to its authenticity, but it was easy to prepare and had a good taste, although slightly dry texture (which is probably characteristic for t..." See morehis type of recipe). My family enjoyed it slightly more than I did -- they very much enjoyed it. Interestingly, the aftertaste is actually MORE appealing (to me). My family said they'd want me to make it again."
Aunt Anne's Sesame Cookies
Cookies with Chocbit Topping
Just swipe to see more like this.