Caramel Slices5 Reviews
“An old refrigerator cookie recipe.” - by Rosina
Original recipe yields 4 - 5 dozen
- Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and nutmeg in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat together in a large bowl the melted shortening and the brown sugar. Beat in the eggs, then the vanilla extract. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
- Shape dough into a log measuring 1-1/2 inches in diameter. Wrap log in waxed paper or foil and chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (180 degrees C). Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- Slice log into slices 1/4 inch thick. Place slices 1 inch apart on the baking sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly colored. Cool on wire racks.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 209 cal
- 9.1 g
- 30.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"These cookies are a little crunchy on the edges, yet chewy. A nice mix for us. They are also nice because they are easy, use ingredients on hand, and don't have a lot of stuff in them (sometimes we ..." See moreneed that around here for the kiddo!) My only "warning", and I use the term loosely, is that some people may find them too sweet. It depends on your preference. The caramel taste is subtle. Again, good for us, maybe not what someone else is looking for. Overall, we enjoyed them immensely. I would recommend cutting the recipe in half and giving them a try!"
"I made a double batch of these a week or so before Christmas to go into my goodie boxes that I give every year. They never lasted until I needed them. Because they went so fast, I ended up making a ..." See moretriple batch right before Christmas so that I would have enought to go into my boxes. These cookies are very easy and very declicious!!! I will definitely make these numerous times."
Caramel Cream Sandwich Cookies
Can't Get Enough Caramel Cookies!
Just swipe to see more like this.