Date Drop Cookies II1 Reviews
“Date cookies topped with a walnut piece. A simple confectioners' sugar icing may be drizzled over the cooled cookies if desired.” - by Rosina
Original recipe yields 1 - 2 dozen
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Lightly grease two baking sheets.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together shortening and brown sugar. Beat in the egg and the sour cream. Gradually blend in flour mixture. Fold in dates.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls 1-1/2 inches apart onto baking sheets. Press a walnut half into the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly colored. Cool cookies on wire racks.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 152 cal
- 6.2 g
- 24 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"Not bad. These are tasty. The dates are great as a natural sweetener! However they are very very sticky. I recommend buying chopped dates. If you chop them yourself it's quite messy...." See more"
Date Nut Pinwheel Cookies I
Pineapple Drop Cookies II
Just swipe to see more like this.