Chocolate Marshmallow Puffs5 Reviews
“Soft, chocolate puffs with real marshmallows inside ... covered in sugar. They stay moist if you keep them in a cookie can with cellophane, cutting off all possible ways of air getting in.” - by Chrissy
Original recipe yields 60 cookies
- Put marshmallows in the freezer for a couple of hours.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, salt, cocoa, and baking soda. In a separate bowl, cream together the shortening and both sugars. Blend in unbeaten eggs and vanilla. Beat well.
- Stir in flour mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Stick bowl in fridge; until dough is hardened.
- Shape 1 teaspoon sized piece of dough around each marshmallow, seal well. Roll in sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) on greased sheet for 5 to 7 minutes, or until cookies crack. Cool for about 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheet.
Amount Per Serving (30 total)
- 168 cal
- 7.6 g
- 24.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"Hard to work with. The dough was too crumbly and once cooked, the marshmallow oozed out of the cracks of the "crackle cooke" which is what it was - not a puff. I tore up big marshmallows to mini-mar..." See moreshmallow size. The tast is decent, so with the second batch I got a 9x9 pan, put half of the dough in the bottom, sprinkled marshmallows on top, and then pressed the remaining dough on top, and made marshmallow puff bars. :) It was MUCH easier and the results were just as good. I likely cooked it for ~20-25 minutes? I do not advise the ball route. All in all, probably won't make again, but thanks for putting it up!"
"While making the cookies was an easy process, this took me a long time. I don't think I did anything wrong, but the cookie dough was crumbly, so it was hard to form around the marshmallows. And in t..." See morehe baking process, the marshmallows melted and disolved into the cookie, leaving a little hole in the center. That part was VERY diappointing. But overall, the cookies were a huge hit. Everyone in the office loved them!"
Jeanne's Chocolate Kiss Cookies
Chocolate Frosted Marshmallow Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.